The Hanging/Unhanging Portable Machine is designed to hang parts coming from a conveyor or container or to unhang parts, on racks, overhead conveyor systems, etc. according to the need of the line. The machine is modular, so depending on the number of modules the production is adapted to the customer’s need, with a typical production of 4 parts/minute per robot, which means that it is able to process large quantities of parts in a short time. This solution is designed to handle complex castings, blanks, shot-blasted, painted, etc. In addition, the machine has the ability to automatically resolve most of the issues that arise, which avoids downtime and production losses.
Key requirements for efficient and safe production
- Hanging and unhanging of parts for shot blasting, painting, etc.
- Allow the combination of processing multiple part models at the same time, per frame.
Thanks to its ability to adapt to deformed conveying systems, our system ensures safe and smooth processing of parts.
The loading model consists of two phases:
1.Arrival of parts: The demolding parts, with glued sand and at temperatures up to 700°C, are scanned and validated to be picked up by the moving robot, while dirt, wash and other elements are discarded in a container at the end of the process.
2.Hanging of the parts: The position of the hanging hook is scanned in 3D and the absence of collisions is verified before hanging the part.
The unloading model is also divided into two stages:
1.Arrival of the hung parts: The position of the hung part is scanned in 3D, without considering the position or deformation of the hanging frame, and Virtual Reality is used to validate the absence of collisions before determining the unhooking route and proceeding to remove the part.
2.Outfeed and sorting: The unloaded part is turned, if necessary, and sorted into output containers or conveyors.
Our loading and unloading model offers a process that is immune to the color of the part, temperature, dirt and deformation of the hanging frame.
THE NON-STOP MACHINE
Thanks to our artificial intelligence (AI) software, our machine is able to solve alone the vast majority of incidents where other machines are stuck waiting for an operator, avoiding downtime and loss of production. Some examples of solutions offered are:
- Prevent parts from hooking up on the support when unhooking.
- Avoid collisions between the parts during the unhanging or hanging process.
- Verify that sanded parts are in proper condition for collection without collisions, plugged holes, deformities or incompleteness.
- Solve problems at pickup points where the robot enters in singularity.
In each of these cases, our machine AI detects, analyzes and solves the problem autonomously without the need for human intervention. This reduces downtime, improves efficiency and maximizes production, resulting in cost savings and a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Download Hanged Foundry Parts
- A CCTV camera that records the production for several days, only when it detects motion, with remote access to view the recordings.
- Remote access to the machine through the 4G mobile network, to perform maintenance, repairs and training on the Robot, Scanner, Console and Camera.
- A tablet for online communication and training.
- Virtual reality equipment for training.
- The machine is divided into portable modules that can be easily and quickly assembled on site, allowing installation in just 1 to 2 days. This allows commissioning at Ribinerf and avoids having to repeat it at the customer’s location, speeding up the transition to production.
- Return on investment is achieved in less than 2 years, ensuring long-term profitability.
Hanging / Unhanging Portable Machine Data sheet
Send download link to: