Bin-picking steering knuckles for Renault Le Mans
March 24, 2022
Our client, the Renault factory in Le Mans, which is responsible for the conception and development of ground linkage systems for the entire Renault Group, required the set up a production line that could handle a diversity of steering knuckles, picking them up in bulk and semi-bulk bins.
We installed a flexible bin-picking cell with an ABB robot and four Cirrus 3D sensors (one at the top of each bin), virtual reality and artificial intelligence.
The result was and integrated solution capable of bin-picking a diversity of parts, in both bulk and semi bulk bins, at a rate of four steering knuckles picked per minute.
- Get a production line that can handle a diversity of steering knuckles.
- Being able to pick parts in bulk and semi bulk bins.
- Improve the working conditions of the operations when completing the task.
- Provide with a secure, reliable and flexible solution.
- Set up of a flexible bin-picking cell with an ABB robot and four Cirrus 3D sensors (one at the top of each bin).
- Bin-picking of a diversity of parts in both bulk and semi bulk bins.
- Automatic switch of the gripper to remove the cardboard at the end of each bin.
- The parts are then placed in the right way for the next production step.
- Same cycle time for the milling line.
- 4 steering knuckles picked per minute.