The Containerizing Portable Machine is designed to stack flat or deep-drawn parts into containers. Its purpose is to stack the parts coming out of the press without stopping the press to change containers. The machine’s output can reach up to 30 parts/minute, which means it is capable of processing large quantities of parts in a short time. In addition, it features an AIP (Intelligent Programming Assistant) that takes care of self-programming the parts and the mosaic into the target container in just one minute.
Key requirements for efficient and safe production
- Generate a stable and smooth process of picking and positioning of parts that improves the quality of the final product and increase the efficiency of the production line.
- Automation of part unloading in production processes, which implies a low value-added process and a cost factor in production.
- Reduce the need for direct labor, which can increase efficiency and reduce production costs.
- Cover labor shortages by freeing up workers for more complex and higher-value tasks.
- Reduce the risks of injuries and accidents, as well as improve working conditions in general, which can increase worker satisfaction and productivity.
Operation of the Containerizing Portable Machine to Bin or Containers
1.The parts enter on the correct face regardless of their position.
2.A 3D scanning system locates the position of the moving part, determines a viable picking point, so that its location can be programmed.
3.A magnetic device grips the part in the determined clamping area. The magnetic gripper is multiformat, with a pneumatic magnet that allows clamping from one or several points (depending on the size of the part) to adapt to multiple formats.
4.The parts are placed creating a pile in an intermediate zone.
5.Another 3D scanner is responsible for locating the position of the destination container and the position of the stack of parts created previously, in order to continue stacking, even if it has been moved. It is also responsible for validating that there is empty space in the place where the stack is to be placed inside the container. All this, to avoid collisions and adapt to the process. It also has a double output container system to avoid stoppages when filling the container.
6.Once a complete stack is created and the target container is located, a Cartesian robot picks it up and places it inside the container. In case it is necessary to flip some models, an internal device in the machine can be used to perform this task and thus not increase the cycle time of the robot.
THE STANDARD MACHINE THAT ADAPTS TO YOUR NEEDS
The Containerizing Portable Machine is fully customizable and adaptable to different sizes of parts and containers, which means that it can be adjusted to the specific needs of each company. In addition, it has symmetrical modules that allow palletizing of double parts exiting from the front, and palletizing of parts exiting from the sides and not from the front.
In the target container, the machine assumes that it can leave the parts at a fixed point, and in the case of the columns, they will not move and can continue to be stacked at a fixed point. We can add a 3D scanner that, using the CAD of the container, allows us to relocate not only the position of the container, but also the location of the gap for each stack. In this way, the deformation of the container will not affect the process.
In addition, the mechanical and electrical design, as well as the devices, are prepared to be integrated with an AGV to move the containers. Container transport by AGV is always done on a trolley that keeps the container elevated inside the cell, but in case of manual work, it may be required to work with the container on the floor. Our option allows both AGV and manual lifting by fork-lift.
THE NON-STOP MACHINE
Thanks to our expertise in VR and AI, the Containerizing Portable Machine is equipped with an Intelligent Programming Assistant (IPA), which allows it to automatically learn each part in just 5 minutes with the assistance of an operator with low technical knowledge. This is especially useful since, in many cases, customers have hundreds of different models, which would involve complex and costly manual programming by specialized personnel for 2 to 4 days per part.
The process consists of several steps. First, the machine is emptied to prepare it for the next part model, which is placed on the belt infeed under the 3D Vision scanner, making sure it is positioned on the correct side. The part is then passed again on the opposite side.
At this point, the scanner performs several functions. First, it memorizes the 3D part shape and the correct orientation. Then, it identifies the center of gravity and checks if that point is suitable for picking up the part. If there is any relief on the part, the system shifts the pick-up point to a suitable spot. It is important to note that the operator can also modify the pick point, if necessary.
With the part outline already defined, the system determines the stack position on the stacking conveyor. Using the dimensions of the output container, the system creates a drop-off tile to ensure that the maximum number of columns fit in the target container. Finally, the part is programmed and the line is ready to produce parts of the new model.
- The machine is portable and transportable by means of a bridge crane, and does not require fixing if there is no risk of collision, making it possible to relocate quickly and easily.
- The machine is installed in 1 day and requires 1 week of adjustment in production.
- The return on investment is less than 2 years.
- It is easy to use and does not require highly trained personnel for its operation.
- No special tooling is required for each part.
- It has an IP camera that records the production for several days, activating only when it detects movement, with remote access to view the recordings.
- Remote access via 4G mobile network for maintenance, repairs and training on the robot, scanner, console and camera.
- A Tablet for online communication and training.
Containerizing Portable Machine to Bin or Containers Data sheet
Send download link to: